Top Malaysia Online Paid Surveys Report

This is the report out of my venture to the world of paid online surveys for users primarily in Malaysia. I've heard about it for years and didn't bother till recently when it keeps popping up as a legitimate way of making money online. I've listed it as one of my Top 3 online money making opportunities you can try which I'm personally doing. 

As with many online money making opportunities, the biggest worry is being scammed. As survey sites will expect you to fill in detailed profiles and private information, this is worrying if they are used for phishing or other illegal data mining purposes. I did my homework by Googling extensively and reading many reviews and articles on paid online surveys and after a while, consistent legitimate websites kept being mentioned such as Swagbucks, Toluna and GlobalTestMarket.

I then found out NOT all sites are available for Malaysians and even if you can register and paid out in Paypal, it may not be worth it as minimal surveys will be send to you based on your profiles. Some only give gift cards available only overseas shops. Some popular recommended sites like Swagbucks are not available for Malaysians and after much research, I finally registered on www.PanelPlace.com

PanelPlace is not a survey site per se but rather consolidated all the best survey panels in one place. This ease the registration of panel sites which 4 are recommended initially Toluna, AIP, GlobalTestMarket and Viewfruit. You have to register each sites individually which is pretty fast but the subsequent answering of profiles is sort of a drag. Some sites do give a small reward points for answering to make you feel better but essentially it's a chore you need to bear to ensure the right survey are matched correctly to your profile. 

The first week quite a lot of surveys came daily which I tried to complete as I get them. This is an important TIP as surveys do get closed out once they matched a certain quota of profiles needed. The other is to be honest and pay attention as some surveys to repeat their questions to ensure you don't just answer indiscriminately. I mostly answer on my handphone when out waiting or on the tablet in front of TV. Be careful not to start any survey which stated needing computer as usually it will be a big hassle doing in on a small screen or without a mouse or keyboard.

After a while, surveys do tend to dry out as you have essentially answered all that is available in the market at that time for your profile. This makes me realized though this is free money, it is NOT easy money as after a week doing surveys with the limited sites full time, I calculated my virtual earnings to be barely reaching RM$50 on all sites combined. I also cannot cash out as each sites will have a minimum points before you can redeem. Eg. 16K points in Toluna for RM$20 or 1630 points in GlobalTestMarket for RM$50 in vouchers.
 
I then try to search for more Malaysian centric survey sites not in PanelPlace and registered separately to Mobrog, YouGov, Triaba and Opini. After a few weeks, somehow 3 new Panels was added for PanelPlace being YourVoice, PanelStation and ValuedOpinions. After a while, I noticed the best sites for me are the same few which after a month, I've redeemed some vouchers for GlobalTestMarket (RM$50), Toluna (RM$20) and Rakuten AIP(RM$20) with a few others coming close Mobrog and YouGov. The other sites barely have any surveys maybe due to my profile or just not active in the region. 

As I am also busy with blogging and other activities, I didn't registered on other additional survey sites as based on my experience, it may be a waste of time if sites are not active in the region. After a month, I also realized surveys are limited and occasionally got exact same surveys which some with cookies will screen you out stating you've already done the surveys. Another tip would be NOT to stop a survey half way as usually you cannot continue later wasting your effort.

Final conclusion is Paid Online Surveys is NOT for everyone as may be tedious and definitely need commitment to do surveys day in day out and may take a few hours daily which only netted me RM$90 in actual redeemed vouchers after a month. I would suggest everyone to give it a try as a way to earn some pocket change for daily living expenses.

Do leave some comments on your experiences if you have tried it out. Follow my blogs on Google+

Comments

Popular Posts